About the Club
The MCC is a non-commercial organisation that brings together all who are interested in the climbing scene in the Maltese islands, whether bouldering, traditional leading, sport climbing, alpinism or mountaineering. If you’ve climbed or want to know about climbing in Malta, this club is for you. We promote the sport at a national level, develop international relations, organise climbing-related activities and represent climbers on access issues, amongst other roles.
Membership offers you:
- use of club equipment during our regular outdoor meets;
- access to the artificial indoor climbing wall;
- 10% discount on purchases of climbing and outdoor equipment from Mochika – Outdoor Life in Mdina Road, Qormi;
- 10% discount on all items purchased from Surplus & Adventure Equipment Store in Main Street, Mosta, except for Petzl items on which a 5% discount only is offered.
To join the club, or to renew your membership, please complete the online membership and disclaimer form (by clicking the button above) and submit the membership fee of €30 in one of the following ways:
- Cash, handed over to a committee member (at the wall or at an event),
- Personal cheque (in the name of Malta Climbing Club), handed over to a committee member or mailed to our address,
- Bank transfer (IBAN: MT64VALL22013000000040019175177 – BIC/SWIFT: VALLMTMT), or
- Paypal (includes debit or credit card payments):
- Please note that:
- Payment must be received within 30 days of completing the online form; otherwise the application will be dropped.
- The application form must be completed within 30 days of receiving payment; otherwise the payment will be considered a donation.
- Renewals should also complete the form in full; this ensures that we always have up to date information, including emergency contacts.
Affiliations, Associations, and Sponsors
The MCC is a full member of the International Climbing and Mountaineering Federation (UIAA), a founding member of the European Union of Mountaineering Associations (EUMA), and is registered with Sport Malta.
Together with the MRCC, the MCC receives funding for rebolting equipment and tools from the Malta Tourism Authority.